Fall 2017 Series of Events on Energy Upgrade Services in San José Multifamily Housing
Bringing Energy Upgrade to Multifamily Housing in San José
Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is partnering with the City of San José on their local City Energy Project work to help multifamily housing (MF) increase participation in energy efficiency and upgrade resource programs using a whole building approach. The program will work with government and industry partners to better understand resource gaps, identify incentives for landlords and renters, as well as promote and further enhance existing energy programs through stakeholder engagement to help MF building owners and managers improve their properties and reduce energy demand, at the same time supporting tenants.
This program consists of two phases:
- Phase 1– Events: Through a series of events, SSV will work with partners and landlords to identify programs and services that will incentivize landlords to implement energy upgrades in MF buildings.
- Phase 2– Pilot Project: Three-five participants from this series of events will be selected to participate in a pilot program in the City of San José in the Winter of 2018.
Events for Partners and Landlords
The City of San José is partnering with the nonprofit, Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV), on their local City Energy Project work to increase multifamily housing participation in energy efficiency and upgrade resource programs.
Partners and Landlords are invited to their respective meetings on Energy Upgrade Services in San José Multifamily Housing at Prospect Silicon Valley (located at the San José Environmental Innovation Center).
• Partners Workshop – Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 from 9am-12pm
Understand the breadth, scope, and qualifications of energy services currently available.
• Landlords Workshop – Thursday, October 26th, 2017 from 9am-12pm
Landlords to voice their challenges and develop a list of services that would incentivize them.
• Partners and Landlords Workshop – Thursday, November 30th, 2017 from 9am-12pm
Convene partners and landlords together to finalize the list of services and terms of the program.
If you have questions, please contact SSV Director of Energy, Phu Nguyen (email@example.com, 408-799-4252).