SSV’s 1st Annual Picnic, Raffle, and Fundraiser on Saturday, July 15, at Sunnyvale Baylands Park was a resounding success!
Together, we exceeded our goal to raise at least $1,000 in donations. There was delicious food, fun games, and time to relax and chat with old friends and colleagues–plus meet new ones.
The day would not have been possible without the generosity of our sponsors and their donations:
- Cielito Lindo food truck – mouth-watering tacos and Mexican street food
- Jamba Juice – refreshing juice smoothies
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – delicious bundt cake samples
- The Everest Momo – savory chicken and vegetarian momo dumplings
- ReGrained – crunchy bars made of sustainable, upcycled grain from breweries
- Whole Foods – fresh salads, chips, and more
- Grounds for Change – organic, fair-trade, shade-grown, carbon-free coffee
SSV volunteers contributed dishes to the potluck as well–altogether, we had way more food than we could eat. Thanks are also owed to Gil Clark, who acted as grillmaster for the veggie burgers, and Signe Henkel, who created a trivia game that brought us together in teams and tested our SSV knowledge. Thank you to our SSV Board as well, for generously matching all donations.
A few lucky winners walked away from the picnic with prizes, including:
- EV consult by SSV Director of Energy, Phu Nguyen
- Tango lesson from SSV’s Community Outreach Coordinator and professional tango dancer, Andrea Fuchilieri
- Drawdown – “The most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming” by the visionary Paul Hawken
- Grounds for Change coffee
- A case of wine from Golden Vineyards and Terra Savia
The picnic was such a success that we plan to make it an annual event. We’re already looking forward to next summer!